Dear Auction Nation Community,
As in response to the current situation involving COVID-19, we want to provide our bidders with an update.
In order to ensure the safety of the communities we serve, we have put additional safety measures in place beyond our daily cleaning and sanitizing procedures at our facilities. Following the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we’re increasing the frequency of cleaning and general hygiene maintenance at our locations. We’re also making additional efforts to disinfect high-traffic and high-touch areas like self-checkout, door handles, and bathrooms, as well as posting signage about handwashing and other preventative actions.
At this time, we are continuing our operations as normal so that we can serve our community, whether it’s buying or selling. We are continuing to review and monitor the situation as it unfolds, but right now we believe we can safely operate under the guidance and recommendations provided by the CDC.
Auction Nation is an online platform and is considered a safe environment to purchase goods. Here is why:
- Auction Nation only uses credit card payment methods online, wire transfer, and will avoid cash transactions at this time.
- Items sold have had limited touches
- Pickup volumes are smaller than other sales of goods service/stores you may visit
- Easy to maintain social distance
- The volume of surfaces needing to be touched while on site is minimal
Auction Nation is actively encouraging sick employees to stay home in order to avoid any further spreading based on CDC guidelines.
We also encourage and request that our bidders that show symptoms do NOT come to pick up at our locations in-person.
For any bidder that can not attend the pickup, we are asking them to:
- Send someone else or use third-party services such as GoShare.co ($5 coupon code: auctionnation), PakMail.com, etc. Note: You need to notify Auction Nation if someone will be picking up on your behalf. We will not release items unless it has been authorized.
- Support an alternative pickup date (provided the Seller can support the alternate date)
- If you as a bidder is being quarantined for 14 days or with health concerns, we can remove your bids prior to the auction ending.
- Contact Auction Nation about other options at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (602) 516-7066
Due to these unique circumstances, any special instruction on picking up your items may be posted on your invoice and in the terms and conditions for the auction. Please pay attention to these details prior to bidding to ensure you can abide by the load-out restrictions.
These may include activities such as hand washing, asking questions, and/or another testing (by trained professionals) prior to gaining access to your items at the pickup location (which may include buildings where at-risk populations reside).
Be prepared for all pickup times to be strictly enforced to support social distancing and the overall health and safety of the client, team, and other bidders patiently waiting for their opportunity to get their items.
Here is what you can do to contributing to keeping the Auction Nation community safe:
- Wash hands often with soap & water for 20 seconds minimum
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth
- Avoid physical social contact (i.e., handshakes, etc.)
- Adopt social distancing (~6.5 feet or 2 meters of personal space)
- Avoid contact with surfaces frequently touched by the Populus
- Cover coughs/sneezes with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash, then wash hands (if no tissues, inside your elbow will suffice)
- If you feel you are developing symptoms, seek medical attention
- Stay home if you feel sick and/or have symptoms above
- Respect the safety of those most at risk (seniors; people with serious chronic conditions (heart/lung disease))
- Refer to CDC guidance for conducting an exposure risk assessment if exposed to someone with confirmed COVID-19
- Masks, gloves, etc. are believed to be best spared for those who are sick at home or in the hospital
- Tell Auction Nation if you have been exposed or contract COVID-19 so they can alert team members and/or customers who may have been exposed (confidentiality will be maintained).
- Avoid being in close proximity to large groups of people
- Refrain from spreading panic, but feel free to spread common sense!
We will come with continuous updates as necessary to keep the Auction Nation community informed, safe and healthy during this time. Please reach out to us at email@example.com or call (602) 516-7066 if you have any questions.